As we know, A spiral bevel gear is a bevel gear with helical teeth. And also named helical bevel gear. If we want to know about the difference we need to know what is a helical gear and what is bevel gear? Let KONIC GEARBOX introduction for you now .
What is a helical gear?
Helical gears are cylindrical gears whose tooth lines are wound along a cylinder. Omit gear shaft classification, helical gears are parallel shaft gears. A helical gear is like a spur gear with a cross-section. that sliced and then rearranged in a misaligned manner.
with the tooth lines spiraling around the cylinder. Depending on the direction of the helix. gears divided into left-hand helical gears and right-hand helical gears. The helix angle of a pair of helical gears is the same, but the direction of rotation is opposite.
According to the tooth lines characters. It skewed on the gear shaft, allowing for greater meshing rates compared to spur gears. Because of the smooth change in the load state on the tooth surface. the power transmission during rotation is also smoother. so it compared with spur gears. helical gears can achieve low noise and low vibration. and are suitable for high-speed rotation and transmission of large power.
KONIC Gearbox focuses on Industrial Custom Gearboxes.
What is bevel gear?
Bevel gears are also called bevel gears and bevel gears. Used for transmission between intersecting shafts. Capable of changing transmission direction compared to cylindrical gears. Single-stage gear ratios can be up to 6 and up to 8. Usually, we divide Bevel gears into straight-tooth bevel gears, spiral bevel gears, etc.
- straight and helical bevel gear design. manufacturing and installation are simpler, but the noise is greater. for low-speed transmission (<5m / s). straight bevel gear transmission power transmission can be up to 370 kW, circular speed of 5 m / s. Helical bevel gear transmission smooth operation. gear bearing capacity is higher, but manufacturing is more difficult with less application.
- curved tooth bevel gears with smooth transmission. low noise and large load-bearing capacity, etc., for high-speed heavy-duty occasions. Curved tooth bevel gear drives smooth operation. The transmission power can be up to 3700 kW, the circumferential speed can be more than 40 m /s.
What is the difference between helical and spiral gear?
- Spiral gear: for the tooth line for the cylindrical spiral cylindrical gear. It has features such as point contact, the axial force is small, and the steering can be changed by the spiral change. also, spiral to change the center distance, and transmission ratio. for the transmission of space between the two staggered shaft movements.
- Helical gear: Helical gear has features such as compact structure, and smooth transmission. and at the same, it suits for transmission of a larger power, large load-bearing capacity. good meshing performance, low noise, suitable for high-speed and heavy-duty occasions. used to transfer the movement between parallel shafts.
- Helical cylindrical gear is one of the spiral gears, only when the two shafts are parallel. That’s called helical cylindrical gear.
- Helical gears are not exactly helical gears. because helical gears are two helical gears meshed in a way. According to different directions of the forces, they transmit in space.
- helical gears used to transfer the movement between parallel shafts are the same as helical bevel gears. except that the latter helix angle is smaller. generally 7 degrees to 15 degrees, and the helix angle of the meshing gears of the same size. that reversed the direction of rotation. but the former does not have this limitation.
- individual gears, both are the same, both are helical gears.
- For the gear pair, the helical gear mechanism refers to parallel shaft drive.
The two shafts of the helical gear mechanism are not parallel and interleaved. The meshing condition is the normal modulus is equal. there is no “big answer small equal, opposite direction” rule for the helix angle. so the center distance calculation is not the same.
Why Choose helical bevel gear?
Helical bevel gears are a transmission component. It has a stable transmission ratio and can be smooth and low noise. Spiral bevel gears are also called arch bevel gears. Helical bevel gears. It has these features such as: ·
- High & smooth transmission efficiency;
- Stable transmission ratio;
- Large arc overlap coefficient;
- High load capacity;
- Reliable operation;
- compact structure;
- Material saving, energy saving, space-saving;
- wear resistance, long life, and low noise.
In various mechanical transmissions. spiral bevel gears have the highest transmission efficiency. bringing great economic benefits to all kinds of transmission, especially high-power transmission. The transmission of the same torque required to send the transmission parts drive vice the most space-saving. more space-saving than the belt, less space than the chain drive required. and spiral bevel gear transmission ratio is stable. A stable ratio is often the most basic rule for transmission performance in various mechanical equipment. Helical bevel gears have reliable work and long life.