As we know,helical gears content helical bevel gear, helical worm gear. But what is the difference between helical bevel gear vs helical worm gear? There are so many type of gears .how to distinguish? And in this article we will konw What is the difference about helical bevel gear vs helical worm gear. Let KONIC GEARBOX introduction for you now .
What is Helical Worm Gear？
Helical Worm Gear Working Principle
- Helical worm gears with a compact design that combine the benefits of helical and worm gears. The combination provides high ratios with enhanced efficiency . while retaining the high load capacity of a worm gear unit.Worm gear as power transmission . and to transform rotary motion to linear motion. A bevel gear used to transmit power between two non-intersecting. largely perpendicular shafts. bevel gears used in the differential of a vertical
- Series-S Helical Worm Gearbox
- According to the properties of helical worm gear. Helical worm gearbox widely used in the market.Series-S Helical Worm Gearbox contaminate of helical gear and worm gear. That increase the machine’s torque and efficiency.
Advantages of Series-S Helical Worm Gearbox
- This series of gearbox includes variety specifications. a broad range of output speed. excellent adaptability.and is compatible with a variety of installation techniques.
- The body’s surface is concave and convex. with heat dissipation, high vibration absorption, low temperature rise, and low noise.
- The machine has excellent sealing performance. high adaptation to the working environment. the capacity to operate continuously in corrosive, humid, and other hard situations. anti-corrosion properties.
- The machine has high transmission precision. It has a self-locking function. and it particularly suited to work in situations with frequent starting. Suit to a variety of reducers and motor drives. and It settle in a 90-degree transmission operation position.
What is Helical Bevel Gear？
The helical bevel gear is a straight bevel gear that does not pass through the top of the cone. and refers to the tooth line on the crown wheel of the production shape. There are spiral bevel gears and orthogonal helical bevel gears.
Helical-bevel gear reducer adopts vertical output. compact structure, high torque transmission by hardened gears. and high precision gears to ensure smooth working, low noise, and long life. High overload capacity, power up to 200KW or more.
What is the Difference Between helical Bevel Gear vs Helical Worm Gear?
Firstly ,the worm gear unit to achieve transmission.
Effiency of Two Type of Gears
But the worm gear drive efficiency is low and the wear is serious. When the worm gear meshes with the transmission. the relative sliding speed between the teeth of the meshing wheel is large. so the friction loss is large and the efficiency is low. On the other hand, the relative sliding speed ambassador tooth surface wear serious and heat. in order to dissipate heat and reduce wear. the materials using more expensive friction reduction and anti-wear better materials and good lubrication device. and therefore higher costs. And worm shaft axial force is large.
Helical gears and helical gears to achieve transmission with parallel shafts or staggered shafts. i.e., the input and output shafts are parallel or staggered at a certain angle.
Helical gears can also achieve large transmission ratio through multi-stage combination. but single-stage transmission is generally inferior to worm gears.
The speed can be increased or decreased. and the transmission is smooth, and the axial force generated by the helical gear transmission . that need considered when designing the application.
Under the condition of large transmission ratio. the two wheel helix angle can be appropriately selected. that to make the two wheel indexing circle diameter approximately equal. so as to approach equal strength.
Due to the staggered shaft helical gear, that drive meshing wheel teeth . along the tooth length direction of greater relative sliding. the transmission of mechanical efficiency is low. but with the worm gear staggered shaft helical gear two wheel meshing tooth surface for point contact. In the staggered shaft helical gear transmission, will also generate axial forces.
staggered shaft helical gear transmission, the helix angle of the two wheels may not be equal in size. so their end modulus and end pressure angle are not necessarily equal. respectively, which is different from parallel shaft helical gear transmission.
The application as follows:
Staggered shaft helical gear drive is not suitable for high speed and high power transmission, usually only used in instrumentation or auxiliary transmission of small load. Parallel shaft helical gears are very widely used.
Worm wheel and worm gear mechanism is often used for two shafts vertically staggered. transmission ratio, transmission power is not large or intermittent work occasions.
Helical Worm Gearbox VS. Helical Bevel Gearbox
1.Different output position:
K series reducer is vertical output;
S series reducer is worm gear type output.
2.The settle Module.:
The settle module of K series bevel gear reducer is 37- 187.
THE module of S series worm gear reducer is 37- 97.
3. The Output Torque:
K series bevel gear reducer output torque is 10N.m. -62800N.m;
S series helical gear reducer output torque is 11N.m- 4530N.m.
4. The Input Power
K series bevel gear reducer series products input power is 0.12-200kw. S series worm gear reducer input power is 0.2-22kw.
K series reducer is also called spiral bevel gear reducer. S series reducer is S series worm gear reducer. they all belong to the hard tooth surface 4 series reducer products. K series helical bevel gearbox contents space saving, reliable and durable features. withstand high overload capacity, power up to 200KW or more, low energy consumption. The efficiency of the reducer is up to 95% or more. S series helical worm gearbox hard tooth surface . and according to the national professional standard ZBJ190004 to production. Widely used in metallurgy, mining, lifting, transportation, cement, construction, chemical industry, textile .
Since there are many models of these two types of products. it is important to pay attention to your own needs and the environment in which you use them. We can focus on parameters such as reduction ratio, center distance, output value. KONIC gearbox recommend to communicate with professional gear manufacturers . let professional sales give you a rationalization of the purchase program.
RECENT NEWS & POSTS
Introduction ICCX, which stands for the International Concrete Conference & Exhibition. That is a globally recognized event that serves as a cornerstone in the concrete
Introduction Embark on an industrial odyssey as we explore the heart of machinery—the worm gearbox. This guide navigates the nuances of choosing the ideal gearbox.
LET KONIC SUPPORT YOU IN COMPLETING YOUR PROJECT